Monday, June 17, 2013

Fun family day....

  We got up bright and early this morning, and headed out the door. Today we finally made good on our talks about going to the zoo. We left the house at about 7:00a.m., and made it to the zoo a little after 9:30a.m. We didn't tell Davis where we were going because we wanted it to be a surprise. He asked several times where we were going, and I finally said "We're going to a broccoli farm. We get to pick our own broccoli, and eat it! Isn't that great?" He agreed half- heartedly. What? Oh, like you don't have a little fun ever once in awhile..... don't judge me.

 When we pulled up at the zoo, and he knew exactly where we were. His little face lit up. He barely sat still long enough to for me to undo his straps on the car seat. The first exhibit we stopped at was the elephants. We made it in time for their baths. I had Jay walk him over though because the smell nearly knocked me down. Davis was down right giddy, and then he was ready to move on to the giraffes. 

  We stopped at other exhibits before making our way to the giraffes. Unfortunately it was HOT today. The majority of the animals were laid out. I can't blame them, I was about to fall out myself. The zoo provided fans with misters through out the park which was fabulous. It was only 10a.m. , and it was close to 90 degrees. My face was beet red, and I was sweating like crazy. Davis' face looked the same as mine. We had to stop, and get some water to cool down. At least some of the exhibits were inside. We at least got a break every now and again.

  After looking at a few animals we made it to the giraffes. He was so excited! They were so close too. That surprised me. They had the option of feeding them, but it was $5 dollars for 3 pieces of lettuce with a 15 min wait. I will own up to the bad parenting move by skipping out on it. Jay was even in on it.It was just too hot. By this point I was just looking for the exit. He was just happy to see them. As a parent there really is nothing better than seeing that look on your child's face.

  Our last stop was the gift shop I was really hoping Davis would get a new stuffy, but he chose some small hard plastic animals. Jay laughed at me because I kept trying to talk him into the stuffies. He told me " it's not what he wants". We payed for it, and dragged ourselves to the hot car. On the way home we stopped at a Mexican restaurant. I believe it is called Iguana Joe's. Seriously the best Mexican food I have ever had. I am still stuffed. Jay was stuffed as well. Like I am hurting stuffed, but still keep thinking about my leftovers in the refrigerator. How sad is that?

  Well that is it for tonight. I am so tired. I am about to slip under the covers, and settled down for the night.

  Talk to you guys later.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment