Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Slow day....

 Today was a very relaxing day. I didn't even turn the T.V. on until about 5pm when I was heating up dinner. It was so nice. I read Davis a couple of stories, and we just laid around. He played in his room a good bit today while I caught up on some videos. I wrote my menu plan out for next week, and Davis sat beside me at the kitchen table practicing writing his letters. As I sit here writing this blog the T.V. is off, and Davis is asleep. 

 We broke out his Dr. Seuss Favorites book today. He has really been into Horton Hears a Who lately, so I took the opportunity to read him the story. We also read The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, and one more I cannot recall. I had to hurry past The Grinch. Davis is scared of The Grinch, and me being the horrible mother that I am will break out singing You're a Mean One randomly. Not to scare him mind you, but just because that is a song that gets stuck in my head....I started singing it in the tool store not too long ago, and he told me to sing a happy song. Back around Christmas time I thought he was just kidding when he would cover his eyes when it was on...I know, I know...That Christmas favorite will not be shown at my house. Sad because it is one of my favorites.

 I am excited to go shopping in the morning. Bath and Body Works Semi Annual sale starts tomorrow. I need some new candles, and smell goods. As soon as I drop Davis off I am heading that way. I am going hoping they have one particular candle. It is normally a fall scent, but the guy told me they might have it for the sale about a month ago. It is the French Baguette scent, and it honestly smells like fresh baked bread when it is lit. Do not be put off by the smell when it is not. It smells liked buttered popcorn when it is not lit. I LOVE this candle. I mean it could just be the fat girl in me, but I burn it constantly.

 Well that's all for today. I wish I had something exciting to share, but it just wasn't that type of day. I'm okay with that. It means I got to lounge around. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Talk to you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment