Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mini vacation.....

 So my mini vacation is over, and it was also cut short. The boys were suppose to be back this afternoon, but ended up coming home last night. That final night of having the bed to myself, and sleeping in guilt free was out the window. Davis stayed up until 3am, and woke up before 9am. Let's just say he has not been pleasant today. He was the poster child for meltdowns. He threw a fit because he didn't want to go to Wal-Mart, he threw a fit because Daddy was watching Prison Break ( I had to join in on that one), and the final meltdown was after I told him to put his soap down. He took it out of his suitcase, and I told him to put it down. He didn't listen, and took it out of the ziploc bag. I told him to put it down in a stern voice, and this is what I was able to make out " I NEVER GET TO SEE ANYTHING!!!!" I am guessing he is referring to me never letting him play with things he shouldn't. I thought that was good parenting. Apparently I was wrong. He climbed in my lap, and went to sleep.

 Nothing much has been going on these past few days. Davis left Thursday night with Jay, and about 2 hours later a storm came through. The wind picked up, and from what I understand we had streamline winds of about 60mph. I was sweeping the floor when all of a sudden I saw the transformer sparking. The lights went out at about 7:20p and didn't come back on till after midnight. The crazy part was there was only 5 of us without power. My neighbors on both sides, 2 houses across the street, and me. The rest of the street was lit up. I was nervous the Entergy workers were going to pass by because everybody body else had lights on. Luckily I was awake when they passed by because that was just what was going to happen. They stopped to check out the transformer 3 houses down, and the guy was heading back to the van when I called out to him. They fixed it and life was good.

 I got quite a bit of cleaning done while the boys were gone. I cleaned Davis' room. Which he has only been back a day, and you would never be able to tell he walked into a clean room. It was just nice to be able to clean in peace. Without having to say things like no, move, get back, don't touch...

 We are hopefully meeting with a real estate agent tomorrow. We are ready to get the ball rolling again. I am ready to get back to the other side of the state. I am just done with this side. I miss home, and I miss old friends. Although I will be leaving my favorite friend behind. Luckily she goes back home to visit every now and then, so I will see her when she does. 

 That's it for tonight. I am really sleepy. Davis not going to bed until 3a, and then waking up early put a hurting on me. Gone are the days of running on a few hours of sleep. Now if mama doesn't get at least 8 hours there will be some heads rolling.

 Talk to you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment