Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A very relaxing day....

 Well I hope everyone had a happy Tuesday. I know I did. We did not make it out of the house today. I was just too...lazy. I will just wait and go Thursday when the kid is at daycare. I did however manage to get some laundry done. I feel somewhat accomplished for the day. Hey, at least we have towels to dry off with.

 Today I let Davis play with markers, washable markers. Not so very washable makers.... His hands are green, blue, and brown right now. It is going to take 2 baths to get it all off. He had so much fun coloring, and drawing pictures that I really don't care that his hands are a mess. I am just happy he is taking an interest in coloring, and drawing. I have bought what seems like 100 coloring books, and he never showed an interest in them. Now he colors everyday. I hope he is creative. I am sooo not creative. I look at all the craft projects other mom's do with their kids on pinterest, and get jealous. I made his bribery chart, and when my husband got home he jokingly said, " Oh, that's cute. You let Davis draw the lines". I had a few choice words for him, but he he had a point. We will start doing some projects though. We will just start out with really...REALLY basic ones.

 Do you know how you can tell a dog was around for the toddler years? They have a really paranoid look on their face whenever the kid comes around. Mind you I am not one of those parents who lets their kid stand on the dog's head to reach something. I hate that crap, but there have been times when I have had to stop Davis from poking Savannah in the eye. God love that dog, she lets Davis do whatever he wants. I can just imagine her thinking " Okay...you can poke me in the eye". Because she just sits there and braces for impact. I always stop him, and tell her that she doesn't have to let him poke her in the eye. Now whenever he goes and sits by her she just looks at him like "What do you want? What are you doing? Why are you sitting in my blind spot?" Then she looks at me as if to say "Hey, you see him right? Keep an eye on him". She seriously has the best temperament. Boudreaux not so much....

 As a newbie blogger I am still getting the hang of how everything works. With that being said last night after I posted my blog I had like 4 hits. I was sooo excited, and that's when my husband informed me that he had just read 3 of my older posts. I told him that wouldn't make a difference, and went back to watching the page views number. I cheered again because I had 2 more views, and he looked at me and smiled. " You just read 2 more posts didn't you?" I asked. "Yep". I am not going to lie it knocked the wind out of my sails a little, but oh well. I enjoy doing this, and will just continue on. Like he said "If you ever write a novel, you're going to sell at least 100 copies. Your mama is going to buy 1, and I am going to buy 99". Wasn't that sweet?

 I made a new bribery chart this week. The prizes this time are : the 1st five stickers we go to the spray park, the next five we go to story time at library, the five after that we buy a new book, and his big prize he gets for having completed the chart (20 stickers) is we will go to the zoo. Davis loves animals, so I think this will an awesome experience. We have gone to the Baton Rouge Zoo before, but the zoo I am assuming is running low on funds because they hardly have any animals anymore. The problem with where we live is the nearest zoo is an hour and a half away. Needless to say we have had good intentions of going, but they seem to just disappear the day we planned to go comes around. I know, we are horrible parents, but at least we don't tell him ahead a time what the plan is. I think that would be worse, so when the day comes and we don't go, he is none the wiser.

  Okay time to call it a night. I am going to hit the bed early because the sooner I go to sleep, the sooner I get to wake up, and watch the season finale of Grimm.

 Talk to you guys later.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment