Friday, May 24, 2013

Got my hair did...

 We did fantastic  being on time for daycare this week. We were not late once! Of course the alarm was set for 7am, and we didn't wake up until 7:50, but we still made it in time for breakfast. That's really all that matters. 

  I had a hair appointment today. It was long over due, but when a hair cut cost $50 spacing it out is required. I am trying to let  my hair grow out. It is right at my shoulders right now, and I keep testing it to see if I can get away with a pony tail. I miss my pony tail. Jay wants me to keep it short. He loves my hair short. Jay actually wants me to cut it the same way it was when we first met, but unfortunately I have gained about 35lbs since then. I can't get him to understand that my face is too fat for all that. What I like about short hair is it always looks fixed. I think that is why I always go back to short hair. I grow my hair out with the intentions of curling it, and wearing pretty updos. The reality is I keep it in a bun. A messy bun. Not a chic messy bun, but one that hasn't been brushed in a couple of days. I like to keep it sexy....

  After my hair cut I had to go grocery shopping. I do my shopping at Wal-Mart because I find that it is usually cheaper.  It seems like it is getting harder and harder to stay within my budget.It has come down to either omit a meal, or go over budget.Obviously I can't omit a meal, so over budget it is. The past 2 shopping trips I have gone over. I only went over by $13 this week, but I barely bought anything. I guess it doesn't help that I had to buy milk this week. I buy organic milk which cost $7 a gallon. Trust me I cringe every time I put it in the basket, and write  $7 next to milk on the list.I think the fact that Davis is trying new foods isn't helping my budget.When all he ate at home was mac& cheese, hamburger helper, or a peanut butter sandwich it was pretty cheap. It was also super boring. I would rather spend a little more on groceries now, and just cut a trip out to lunch.I am pretty good about not buying things that aren't on my list. Unless Davis is with me. Then I like to look for fun things for him to try. I like going shopping without Davis because I can keep up with how much I am spending better. I am just less....distracted.

 I was reading an article on yahoo about the return of the mullet. Why? You know what else is making a comeback? Rat tails..... Stop trying to make it happen people. It was the 90's. Nothing from the 90's needs to make a comeback. Other than Friends of course.... Seriously though folks, let it go. It wasn't cool back then, it's not cool now. That goes for the mullet and the rat tail.

 Well that's all for tonight. Let me know if any of you guys are having problems staying on your food budget. The price of food is just continuing to go up. Heck, the price of everything is continuing to go up.

 Talk to you guys later.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment