Monday, May 27, 2013

Feet in the pool....

 Happy Memorial Day! Today as we all know is a day to remember all of the soldiers who have given their lives for us to be free. If you have anyone in your family that is serving in the military right now give them a big thank you from my family. We appreciate the sacrifices they make to keep us safe.

 We didn't do much today. Of course y'all forgot to remind me that the library was closed today. I realized it as I was rushing Jay to go take a shower. Seriously, he is the hardest person in the world to get moving. I can take my shower, get myself dressed, get Davis dressed, and we are still left waiting on Jay. Did I mention that before all of the above has happened he has already spent like 30 minutes in the shower. Yeah... 

 We didn't BBQ today. I am not a huge fan of it, and Davis hates it. We had Popeyes instead. I also made a cookies and cream poke cake today. It was pretty fabulous if I do say so myself. The recipe will be at the bottom if anybody is interested. I let Davis help with the whole process. I like to let him be involved in the food preparation process, and he loves it as well. Now I do not let him do anything that involves a hot stove, or oven. That's where I draw the line. 

 Can I just say water balloons fights are the best thing ever?! On a hot summer's day nothing is better. Davis threw some at me, I threw some at him, and I pelted Jay with a couple. We broke out the pool today as well. I even got in the pool. It is just a little kiddie pool. My big butt made all the water pour over the sides. I was a little sad, but it was hot, so I got over it.  Davis enjoyed having me in the pool with him. I want to get a bigger pool when we finally decide if we are moving are not. 

 Guess whose child is spelling words? That's right, mine!! Parents of preschoolers invest in some alphabet refrigerator magnets. We sat in the floor earlier tonight just spelling words. I tried to keep it at 3 letter words, and I would keep it in groups with the same ending sounds. Like car,bar,and tar. Then tall,ball, hall, and then I had him spell small. He was so proud of himself. Jay and I just stared at each other smiling like crazy people. It really is an amazing moment when your child does something like that.

 We just got finished watching End of Watch. I really enjoyed it. Jay kinda of got bored with it. I am not going to spoil it for you if you haven't seen it, but go rent it. It is also available on Netflix's video streaming. The chemistry between Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena is awesome. If they didn't walk away from this movie best friends then somebody needs to hand them an Oscar.

 Well that's it for tonight guys. I am going cuddle with husband. I can't remember if I mentioned he was able to take three days off this week. Granted he had to because he won't be home this weekend which bites, but at least I get to wake up to his face three mornings instead of two. I could however do without the snoring.

 Talk to you guys later.

 Cookies and Cream Poke Cake

You just need any kind of chocolate cake mix ( I used swiss), and bake it according to the directions. Let the cake cool for about 30 mins once out of the oven. After the cake has cooled make your pudding according to the directions on the package. It is the jello cookies and cream instant pudding. You just need one box. Once that is done take a regular drinking straw and start poking holes in the cake. Hence the name Poke Cake. You don't want to go all the way down to the bottom of the pan, but you do need to go deep enough for the pudding to seep in. About half way is good. Now that you have poked the holes pour the pudding on top of the cake. Spread it out evenly making sure you cover the holes. Put it in the refrigerator, so that the pudding can set up. Right before you serve the cake crush some oreos and fold them into one container of cool whip. After that just frost the cake with the cool whip like you would with icing. Refrigerate any leftovers, and enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment