Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hard to say bye....

 I don't know why, but telling my husband "bye" this morning was harder than usual. I even teared up after he left. It may be the PMS taking hold, but I like to think it is the love. I'm sappy like that. Even as I type this my lip is quivering a little. I know that I am lucky because at least I get to see him once a week, but it is still hard to say "bye". He really is my best friend. 

 Okay, enough with the hormonal stuff. We made it to the library yesterday. There was no story time, or maybe there was and we just got there too late. Davis didn't care though. He got on the computer, and played a Diego game. He also got to check out some books. It was so funny he was trying to negotiate with me in the car before hand on how many books he could get. We finally agreed on 5. Jay didn't have anything to get this time, so I of course went to the cookbook section. I ended up checking out the Pioneer Woman and The Neelys again. I didn't get a chance to really go through them the last time. I also got one of John Besh's  cookbooks. If you don't know who he is, John Besh is a New Orleans Chef. He competed on The Next Iron Chef the year Michael Symon won. He is one of my favorite celebrity chefs. He doesn't seem like a pompous butt like most chefs. Even mine is a bit of a pompous butt.


 Before the library we had to stop at the DMV. Jay had a little something to attend to, and of course he waited until the afternoon to go. It is always fun bringing a 4 year old to a boring place. Davis just kept saying, " I don't like this place". I had to tell him that nobody does. That's why we normally only have to go every 4 years, or so. Thank goodness for Youtube on the smart phones. I will admit I thought they were a waste of money, but mine has helped me out in a pinch a time or two.

 The plan for dinner last night was Rotisserie chicken, cornbread dressing, and green beans. That plan fell through. We had all skipped lunch due to a late breakfast, so when we got to Sam's we were starving. We decided at the register to just skip cooking, and eat there. Did I mention we were STARVING? I still would of have had to come home, and make the cornbread for the cornbread dressing, so in the end it was just faster to eat there. I love the fact that we can leave Sam's stuffed, and only spent $10.

 I didn't do much of anything today. I got started on my housework, but I didn't break a sweat or anything. I did however have to go and get some "supplies". Those _____ (insert your favorite explicit word here) at Kleinpeters makes a Bananas Foster ice cream, and it comes in a pint!! I mean if it had been a gallon I could have easily talked myself out of it, but a pint....it left with me. I haven't done much damage to it, but it's there when I need it. 

 Davis has a dentist appointment tomorrow. In the past I have always been a nervous wreck thinking they were going to find a mouth full of cavities. Crazy because I take really good care of his teeth, but watch I am not stressing about tomorrow, so they will find the mother load. I have I guess you would say brittle teeth. The last time I was at the dentist he put the little machine in my mouth that detects where cavities are forming.. That thing started dinging like a slot machine paying out. I guess technically it was. I just hope Davis has nice strong teeth.

 Ok guys it's time for me to go to bed....I lie I am probably going to watch another episode of Gossip Girl. I ran across it on Netflix, and decided to give it a go. I actually like it. I am only like 4 episodes in, but so far so good. 

 Talk to you guys later. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment