Sunday, May 19, 2013

Nothing wrong with the way I drive...

 Jay got home last night around midnight. Of course the dogs cut up. They were barking, yelping, and dancing like a bunch of wild animals. I guess in all the commotion Davis woke up because Jay hadn't been home 5 mins when the pitter patter of little feet was heard coming down the hall way. Normally I close his door to keep that from happening, but last night I forgot...and paid the price. He was up until after 2am because he had slept for 4 hours, which in kid world must be like 10 hours. I had given up on the idea of going to Ryan's for breakfast because we were obviously going to miss it, but then 8am came, and my little ray of shine was awake. Ryan's breakfast it was!

 Seeing as how Jay and I are not 4yrs old it took us a little longer to get going. So, we ended up getting there at 10. Which means that they weren't bringing out any fresh breakfast food since they were beginning to transition to lunch. I am a little bummed seeing as how I have been wanting to go to Ryan's for about a month now. Oh well, at least the biscuits and gravy were good. Davis even enjoyed them. 

 I must say this bribery chart was brilliant! I would pat myself on the back, but my arms are short...He tried everything put in front of him today. I know some of you are not seeing the amazement in this, but this is a child who sat at my table screaming and crying at the top of his lungs because I was trying to make him try sweet potatoes. The fork tip amount of sweet potatoes. You could barely see it,and today he ate biscuits and gravy, tried a bite of hash browns,tried a bite of smoked sausage,tried a bite of ham, and a bite of bread pudding. He did not get a sticker for the bread pudding. He only gets stickers for real food. That was just at the restaurant. At home he tried a bite of rotisserie chicken, and skillet potatoes.  My biggest concern when I started this was that he would want a sticker every time he ate the same food, but he surprisingly (so far) has not asked for one. Like last night with the tacos which he got 2 stickers for last week, he didn't mention getting a sticker once. I am over the moon about all of this. I know my explaining it to you doesn't do it justice, but believe me before the chart I wanted to pull my hair out. 

 I did most of the driving today. Jay hopped his happy butt in the passenger seat, and then had the nerve to comment on my driving. He over reacts by doing things like grabbing the " oh crap handle", and pressing the imaginary brake on his side. I admit I am an impatient person. As soon as the light turns green I put the pedal to the medal. I curse at people often while I am driving. Okay, so I do drive like I am in a race. I know this because occasionally Davis yells from the backseat, " Faster Mommy, the blue car is beating us! We have to win the race!" True story....

 Confession time...we went back to blockbuster today. Ugh, I know I did enough damage Monday, but I really wanted the rest of the Twilight movies. I also got all three of the Tim Allen Santa Clause movies, Hook, and Mamma Mia. We bought a couple of the fixtures to hang in Davis' room to put his movies on. It is a vast improvement over stacking them on the dresser. 

 Then we went to Harbor Freight Tools. We needed to pick up something to mount the fixture, and Jay needed something else. As we were leaving Jay asked me "Do you need anything else?" I just looked at him, and said " That's like me asking you if you need anything else while we're at Sephora."

We are watching Jack Reacher right now. It is actually a pretty good movie. I am a big fan of Tom Cruise. I like pretty much anything he plays in. Cocktail will always be one of my favorite movies. " Bet I can still spook ya". 

 Well I am going to finish up this movie, and head to bed. Davis is still awake. Seriously, the energy that kid has!  

Talk to you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment