Thursday, May 30, 2013

No cavities....

 We got good marks at the dentist today, and Davis did great! Like the title says, no cavities! He got to put his name on the "No Cavities" wall. I just hope we can keep it up. He was a little nervous at first, but once they got started he relaxed. The dental hygienist just kept bragging on him. It was such a relief especially since I was so horrible with going to the dentist when I was his age. I remember biting my dentist, and him threatening to throw me off the table. There was a little boy that was there this morning who was having a meltdown. I felt so bad for the little fellow.

 Davis now has a worse youtube problem than me. He watched videos all day. At least they are educational. He watched a video on all the different birds, farm animals, wild animals, and pets. Plus he watched a couple of phonics videos. It at least gave me a chance to get my menu and grocery list done. I also got to go through John Besh's cookbook. I am really enjoying it. I believe the title is My Family Table. It is on the dining room table which means I would have to get up, and go get it.... so we'll just say it is My Family Table. 

 I like that he gives a glimpse into the lives of chef's and their families. He mentions not being home in the evenings because he is at the restaurants, and how day to day meals fall on his wife's shoulders.I think that is a common misconception people have about chef's wives. "Oh, you must eat all kinds of great things!" Then I have to bust their bubble, and tell them that I do most of the cooking. Actually almost all of it. I laughed because he made a comment to his wife about the quality of meals she was cooking, and she laid into him. She basically told him to put some effort into meal planning at home instead focusing it all at work for strangers. I have had that conversation as well. I often find myself telling Jay "pretend it's something you need to do for work" when I need something done, and he is dragging his feet.

 Not much else to report. I have a ton of housework to do tomorrow, and on top of that I need to do my grocery shopping. Ugh....I am tired already. It is 11:33pm here, and Davis just went to sleep. The little sneak came in the living room when I was talking to Jay, and has been up ever since. Watch tomorrow morning I will have to drag him out of bed, and any other morning he would be up at 7am.
 Talk to you guys later.

 

 *Things that make my eye twitch"
Spending what seems like an eternity cleaning the kitchen- only to walk in the front room to find 2 glasses that I forgot to bring into the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment