Monday, May 13, 2013

Late night party...

 Happy Monday everyone.Back to reality this morning. I had to fix breakfast. Sure, it was frozen pancakes, but I still had to heat them up.  We had a pretty productive day, and now I am pooped. I just can't go like I use to. We went to 5 different places, but you would swear we went to the moon and back. Well, if you let me tell it.

 First off was the library. Jay had some things to go and get. So, we loaded up and went. While Jay searched for what he needed I took Davis to the children's area. I love our local library. They have tables and chairs that are small enough for kids, but big enough for adults. For those of you reading this that has never had the pleasure of meeting me in person, I've got a little extra cushion as some would say. Needless to say I appreciate chairs that I am not hanging off the sides. Anyways back to the library. While there Davis checked out a couple of An ELEPHANT & PIGGIE books by Mo Williams. He owns 2 of these books, and they are some of his favorites. After Jay finished getting his things it was my turn to go and pick some things out for myself. I almost always hit up the cook books at the library. I am a cook book fanatic. Interesting fact though...I am a horrible cook. Well, horrible is a bit harsh, I am not the best cook. It is not in my skill set. I still however have high hopes that I will turn into Julia Childs, minus the voice. I settled on a few that I have been wanting to get my hands. To name a few: the first Pioneer Woman cookbook, The Neely's cookbook, and The Southern Plate. I am excited to settle in, and go through them.

 The next stop was McDonald's for lunch, and then Marshall's, Ross, and Target. One of our goals for today was going and checking out a new camera. I plan on posting pictures of the random things we do during the day. Nothing snazzy just fun little things that happen. 

 In between leaving the library and arriving at McDonald's I called about a summer reading program for the rugrat. Since he will not be attending a traditional Pre-K  we will need all the help we can get in the reading department. It cost an arm and a leg, but it seems promising. Davis loves books, and being read to. The program consist of learning the sounds of the letters (something he already knows), learning through acting out stories, having stories read out loud, and a few other things. The only down part is that it is at 8:30 in the morning, and I have to stay. I am not a morning person at all. I am so horrible about over sleeping that it wasn't nothing unusual for me to be 15 to 20 mins late for work in the mornings. Yeah I suck. Luckily my supervisor was awesome, and didn't nail me to the wall for it. To say the least this should be interesting....

 On the way to our last stop I noticed that it had become a quiet car ride. Not a good thing at 4pm. He was knocked out. We even yelled out things like, " Davis we are at the park!", and " Davis, what kind of ice cream do you want?" Nothing worked. He slept through the last errand, and for an hour when we got home. So, hence the "Late night party" title. We will be partying till the wee hours. At least we will sleep in tomorrow morning...I hope.

 Well guys that's pretty much it. Nothing too glamorous. Just sitting here staring at the mess that I will be cleaning tomorrow. My goodness it is ridiculous. Like I wish you could see it, but I am so glad you can't. I will leave you with that.

 Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment