Saturday, May 11, 2013

Crawling to the finish line....

 Happy Saturday everyone! Saturdays are my new favorite day. Mainly because Saturdays are when my husband comes home. The day starts with me telling Davis that his Daddy is coming home today, and then for the rest of the day the questions that follow are, "Is my Daddy home yet? How much longer till my Daddy comes home?" Even the dogs run to the window and stare out at the mention of "Daddy is coming home". It's so cute.

 I titled it crawling to the finish line because that's just what it is. After the five days of being on my own I am giddy at the thought of my husband being here to help. Hats off to single moms and military wives. You ladies have my respect. That also goes for single dads and military husbands. 

 Don't get me wrong I love being a stay at home mom, but being the SAHM of an only child can be rough. Think about it I am his only playmate, and there is only so much playing I can do before I need a break. I feel guilty when I get up to go take me break, and he is calling after me "Mommy come play with me. Mommy where are you going? Come play cars with me". He goes to Mommy's Day Out twice a week just so he can have social interactions with other children, and I can clean my house without a shadow.

 Today was a rough day because I am tired and grumpy, and Davis was extra clingy. Being an only child myself I am use to lots of personal space,and even though Davis 4yrs old I am still adjusting to having someone sitting under me all the time. That has been the toughest part for me with motherhood, the whole personal space and time. 

 That's my question to you guys especially those of you with siblings: Was it hard for you to adjust to someone being under foot?

 Well it is a short one today. Jay actually walked in the door a few mins ago, so I am going to go visit with him. 

Talk to y'all tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment