Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Going out of business...

 Well I hope everybody had a good day. I know I did. My husband maybe not so much. My checkbook also probably didn't have the best day either. I found out one of the blockbusters in my city is going out of business, and I went a little crazy. Davis loves movies. I mean he LOVES movies. What kind of mother would I be to deny my child something he loves? Not buying it either huh? Well, I gotta tell myself something so I can sleep at night.

 I really did clean up though. I was able to get: Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, The Lorax, Horton Hears a Who, Peter Pan Return to Neverland, The Princess and the Frog, The Incredibles, all three of the Madgascar movies, and plenty more. The total was out of control, but he will be set up on movies for a long time to come. My big hope is none of them are scratched to where we can't watch them because since it is a going out of business sale there are no returns. So far, so good. The only problem we have had was with The Aristocats, but it wasn't anything too bad.As you can guess we have been watching movies since we got home. I don't mind because I enjoy cartoons just as much as the next kid..ugh, adult.

 I am still looking at the same mess that I went to sleep looking at. I was really tired today. Remember my hope I had of sleeping in? Yeah it got smashed with a sledge hammer. Where do kids get their energy? If I had half of his energy I could have the cleanest house in town, I could write a novel, I could run 5 miles, and plenty of other things that because I do not have half of his energy I am too tired to think of. Tomorrow he goes to daycare, so I will have time to clean. Whoever started the fantasy of " one day you will be a mommy, and you can clean and cook for your family" needs to be kicked in the stomach...twice. I love being a mommy and wife, but the other crap, is well, crap.

 I am raising a little control freak. He gets it honest. I have been known to insist on things being done my way. It's usually because my way IS the right way. I can't help it. I just have a knack for it. Anyways, he asks me all the time " Guess how much I love you?" which will be followed by bigger than the sun, t-rex, sky, and other big things. Then I am told to ask him  "Guess how much I love you?", and I will tell him bigger than....and if he doesn't like my answer he says " you mean a ..." I try not to laugh, but when a 4 yr old tells you what you mean, it's hard not to.

 Ok, I will talk you guys tomorrow night. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. Send me some good vibes as I will need them cleaning my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment