Sunday, May 26, 2013

Around the loop....

 Sorry we didn't get to catch up last night.Davis was so bad at the wedding last night. I came home with the worst tension head ache ever. It even radiated down my neck into my shoulders. That's what happens when you sit with your jaw clenched for an hour. I got a nice shoulder rub, and went to sleep.

 Davis wouldn't keep still for nothing. I know he is four, and that is asking a lot of a four year old. I kept telling him we were waiting for K.K. to walk down the aisle, so when she finally did he asked me " Can we go now?" He kept throwing my bracelet under the pew in front of us. Luckily there was a friend of mine sitting in front of us who kept getting it. He talked during the prayers. He finally went to sleep during the last 20 mins. After the ceremony, which was beautiful by the way, we headed to the reception. It was out on the groom's parent's farm. They had tents set up with tables, and a dance floor.  It was beautiful. We were there for maybe five minutes when the lightening started up in the distance. I had a head ache, an unruly four year old, and it looked as though the skies were about to open up. We left. I felt horrible that I missed their first dance, and the cake cutting. I didn't even get a chance to talk to my friend, but I was done for the evening. 

 Today we had a birthday party to attend. We had a blast. We set around laughing and talking while the kids ate their pizza. Davis kept trying to blow out the candles on the birthday cake. I take that back he actually did blow out a few of them. I ended up having to place my hand over his mouth. Once it was over we headed back home to rest up a bit before we went to the spray park.

 We headed out to the spray park later in the afternoon. When we got there we found out that it was closed until next week. So, we headed back home, and filled the kiddie pool up. The guys played outside while I started dinner. I stepped out for a moment to engage in a little water balloon battle with my husband. Fun times. 

 After dinner we went to get some milk shakes. Sonic has milk shakes half price after 8pm. We got three mini milk shakes for under $4. Not too shabby. Davis waited impatiently for his. Jay laughed and said "He is just like you! You don't wait for anything patiently either!" I figure everybody's a critic.... We went for an evening drive, and drank our milk shakes. I come from a very small town where "going riding" was the highlight of the night. I still enjoy a nice little drive every now and then.

 Davis fell asleep in the car on the way home. What? Was that part of my plan? Why I have never been so insulted in my whole.....okay, okay you got me. It was part of the plan. We got to come home, and watch the movie we had rented. I highly recommend Gangster Squad. When it first started I was kinda like "meh", but I got into it. Helps that it had sexy ol' Ryan Gosling in it. Man, I hope they used some kind of face make up or something on Sean Penn to make him look the way he did in the movie. I would really hate to think he is aging that badly. 

 It is now almost midnight. I really need to go catch some shut eye. We have story time at the library in the morning. Say a little prayer for me. With the way Davis has been behaving lately I do not want to even think about what tomorrow is going to be like.

 Talk to you guys later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment