Thursday, May 23, 2013

Getting back on the horse....

 Today was a semi successful shopping day. I was on the hunt for light colored dress pants, but all of the ones I found were trouser leg. Me and trouser leg pants are not friends. My legs are soooo short. Seriously one pair went about 4 inches past my foot. Now I have to wear my black dress pants which I really did not want to because it is spring, and I wanted to be all light and breezy. Did I just say breezy? Yeah.... I ended up just getting a new shirt and clutch. I was in desperate need of a clutch. I am going to make it work.

 I bought all the new stuff for a wedding I will be attending Saturday. A good friend of mine is getting married, and I am soo happy for her. I however will be attending the wedding alone. The life of a chef's wife. I normally go to every event alone. I wonder sometimes when I attend the same child's birthday party year after year, if some of the other regular party guest think I just throw on a wedding ring for appearances? In their defense they have never seen Jay to know he exist. Like I said I go to everything alone. He will be able to attend a birthday party with us Sunday which is a rare treat. 

 Davis earned his first reward on the new bribery chart. We are going to take him to the spray park after the birthday party Sunday. He is still doing great with trying new foods. He ate all of his fruit today at school, and he even ate his sloppy joe tonight at dinner. He keeps asking for new foods to try. I know, I know... it is just so he can get a sticker, and than a reward, but at least he is asking. 

 So, I am standing outside today when I hear a "whoosh" followed by a crashing sound. I immediately know that this is the sound of a pretty big tree branch falling on my back building. I peaked my head around the corner and saw part of it. I walked to the back and saw that the branch was a good 7ft long. Luckily it didn't damage anything. Well anything as far as I know. Mind you, it was a beautiful sunny day. There was barely even a breeze! I went and got my neighbor, so she could see it. We both agreed if hurricane season is a doozy this year we are both in trouble. The oak trees in our yards are so big that their branches are tangled together. I am just glad it didn't do any damage, and that I wasn't coming out of the laundry room at the time. 

 Now not only do I watch beauty videos on youtube, I also watch other Mommy's vlogs. I found one woman who I absolutely adore. Her channel is nellyandhernerd. She does nelly gets fit videos, and it is just nice to see that someone else has the same struggles as me. Not that I am glad she is struggling, just glad to know I am not alone. Ugh....you know what I mean right? Anyways, if you get a chance go check her channel out. The reason I am mentioning her other than the fact that she is awesome, is her nelly gets fit video today was titled "Disappointed with myself". She talked about how she had fallen off the wagon, and I could relate because I was eating right and following the Zumba workout hardcore for about 4weeks. I had lost 13 to 15lbs, but fell off the wagon myself. I have gained about 8 of those pounds back. Maybe more. I was too chicken to get on the scale today.  It sucks! One of my short term goals was be able to wear a dress to the wedding. If I would have stayed on track I would have most likely been able to buy a dress today. Tomorrow is a new day. Time to get back on the horse.

 I finally finished the Grimm season finale, and of course it ended with a cliff hanger. It was so funny because at the end it said " To be continued.... Come on you knew this was going to happen". Which is true because they always leave you hanging. I just love this show so much. If you have not checked it out you should. It comes on NBC  Tuesdays at 8 I believe. I have Hulu, so it's Wednesdays for me.

 Well I am going to call it a night. The chef should be calling here soon. 

Talk to you guys later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment